Lesotho - the real Africa
It's real !
No staged "cultural" villages or game "farms" here,
this is the real deal.
- Only 5 hours easy drive from Johannesburg
- Most visitors do not require Visas
- Safe for self-guided walks or pony trekking
- No malaria or dangerous animals
- Unspoilt wilderness
- Friendly Basotho people
- Clean crystal clear mountain streams safe for swimming
- Snow fun in winter and hosts 1 (of the only 2) skiing areas in Southern Africa
- Many places are undiscovered by tourists
- Yes, we even have 5-star accommodation in Lesotho. The new Maliba Mountain Lodge (within Tsehlanyane National Park) was opened in Sept 2008 by the Prime Minister (Lesotho news)
Come to Lesotho for a different, real life cultural and unique African experience.
Join with us at the Maliba Wilderness Society in documenting this fabulous place.
This site is provided to give travellers information on Lesotho as well as events and things to see and do.
The Kingdom of Lesotho is also known as the Kingdom in the Sky as the entire country lies 1,000m above sea level and provides a unique opportunity for those people wanting to experience unspoilt Africa.